Wild flower garden

One of the more joyful tasks I have been working on this summer has been to design the garden in the house we moved to last Autumn. The garden has been around for years but in need of some tlc and definitely offers scope to start afresh in some areas. So I have been reading, researching and making plans. I do however keep changing my mind and just as I think I have a plan, something else comes along until my head is too full of what to do and nothing gets done.

One thing I am very excited about is to have some parts of the garden  which are wild, where the grass is left to grow and wildflowers planted. Having watched Monty and ordered some books, I have been drawing up a plan.  

Yet last week as I tramped the fields, in the rain, I realised that what I want in the garden is what I walk through every day, effortlessly provided by nature. No books, no Monty, no deciding which plant where, just nature doing its thing and creating the most beautiful garden.

It makes me wonder what else I spend hours and hours trying to do, trying to control and fix when God has already gone ahead and done it better than I ever could. 

“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labour or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendour was dressed like one of these." Luke 12 vs 27

The Sketches are on sale to help raise funds for the Parish churches of St Mary's Great Dunmow and St Andrew's Barnston.  http://blogmydailythought.blogspot.com/p/sketches-on-sale-for-church-fundraising.html.

Comments