Waiting

Gardening is really good for me.

Not because it is outside or because there is lots of physical exercise - all of which is good for me but because it makes me wait. I have just planted all sorts of seeds today and in my head my garden is filled with blossom and I am harvesting handful of herbs for cooking. But that is a long way off so I have to wait , and I realise that the whole process, the planting, the waiting and finally the end result is good and to be enjoyed - otherwise there is no point and I would be just as well picking up ready grown things from the garden centre.

Now where is the satisfaction in that ?

God often makes us wait , he doesn't give instant fixes to prayer or situations, because its what we learn in the waiting that changes us and turns us into a people who trust and know how to live int he moment whatever it brings. 

I just need to remember that when I'm checking my seedlings. 

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
    and put their trust in him." Psalm 40 vs 1-3

Comments