I forgot to trust...

There are a few things going on in our family just now, normal family life such as exam time for my daughters, my dog with a strained back (more later) and ageing parents and I realised I have been getting a bit worried with it all, imagining all sorts of scary things which might happen and trying to control the outcomes. So I went to church today with a bit of a heavy heart and a list full of prayers that would put my online grocery shopping list to shame. 

And then I heard again the story of the Roman centurion, the one who trusted Jesus enough to believe that just a word sent from him could make the servant well again. It was pointed out the depth of that trust coming as it did from a Roman from the occupying army, with all his powerful resources and yet he chose to put his trust in Jesus. 

And that where I was going wrong, and where I often go wrong, I had forgotten once again to trust. 
How often do we pray "thy kingdom come, thy will be done" yet still rush around doing our will - just in case. 

Its not easy to hand it all over, and yet it would save us so much anxiety - we just have to remember to do it.

"The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed." Matthew 8 vs 8


Comments