And it was good...

This weekend I tried something I have never done before and I made marmalade. It was a revelation to me in lots of ways.
Firstly having had. Avery busy week with too much going on in my head the pleasure of doing nothing but cutting up very small strips of orange peel was remarkably calming and to be surrounded by the colour and smell lifted February to a much better place.

Then there was the satisfaction of seeing it bubbling on the hob ( we will glide swiftly over the mountain of sugar that it took) and the excitement when it set.

I was thinking of how lucky we are to be given these gifts at the darkest time of the year and be able to make something delightful and sustaining from them. So all in all making marmalade is definitely to be recommended as a way of beating the February blues.

And they were so lovely I was able to paint them.

Not bad value from a small bag of oranges.

"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."

Genesis 1 vs 31

Comments