Simple advice

The seniors are leaving for study leave now and we have been searching for words of wisdom to send them off with. Its quite hard to say something that doesn't sound too cheesy but in my searching I came across these pearls of wisdom from children which I thought were quite funny.
Here are my favourites:

Never trust the dog to watch your food
Never hold a dust buster and a cat at the same time
Never try to baptise the cat


Very wise.

Jesus gave his disciples advice too on how to carry out their mission when he was no longer with them. 

"Obey my commandments and love one another as I have loved you." 

It seems simple, almost too simple to be relevant yet we only have to look through history to  Ghandi or Martin Luther King to see how powerful this message is and how it can literally change the world. As out new government starts its work and looks at the complexity of the issues it faces, might it learn anything from the simple command to love one another as we are loved?

Might we learn from it in our everyday interactions with people, and what of the church? It's a powerful message to share with people,  do we always practise it? And what could change if we did?

 Love one another as I have loved you.



Comments