Thank you for not....

Standing outside a café with a cup of tea in hand, on a recent day trip, I turned around to see Macy, my dog, sitting on the steps of quite an official building. Sitting right beside a sign which said

 “Thank you for not sitting on the steps” 

 Slightly shamefaced, I pulled her off, although later I did regret not taking a photo. 

Thank you for not ….is a sort of disguised instruction , a thank you with conditions attached….

On this morning’s walk, after the rain and storms it seemed as if   I could feel the landscape coming to life. The trees blowing in the wind seemed more alive than usual,  the lines of the recently ploughed fields had such a beauty in their symmetry and the sun dazzled off the gold in the far fields.

 On a day like this I can only say “Thank you”, no instruction, no conditions just an unreserved Thank You to the creator.

Sketch for sale to raise funds for church , follow the link  http://blogmydailythought.blogspot.com/p/sketches-on-sale-for-church-fundraising.html.

Comments