Putting on the T shirt

Last week I spotted someone with a t shirt which said
"Nope - Definitely no adulting today"

At first I found it funny, then began to think what if .....?
What if we could just stick a T shirt on to get out of our responsibilities, to avoid the hassle and complications of being a grown up, what if ?

I wonder if it worked.

At times it's a bit tempting to have a No Christianing ( ????) today sign. A sign that would let us not have to love our neighbour or to listen to what God might want for us that day, a sign that would let us  take control and do things as we want.  But we don't get to opt in and out of following Christ. Our yes is a yes in all things, in all parts of our lives. we don't get to put God in a box that we only bring out and pay attention to on Sunday.  

While I have found days when it is very hard, and in truth, I could easily reach for the T shirt, I am reminded that were it not for God's love, I would have nothing at all. And as I put the T shirt back in the drawer,  he reaches out a hand to walk beside me.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3 vs 5-6

Comments