Chocolating over the marshmallow

It is good to have bakeoff back, isn't it? 

Summer may be ending but autumn holds much promise when I can sit and enjoy the tent on a Tuesday evening. Last week I had a lot of sympathy with those that tried to cover up their mistakes in the wagon wheels with lots of chocolate over the edges.

 Haven't we all?  And not just in our baking ( or our knitting - my particular favourite,  where I feel its OK just to add on more if my stitches don't match the pattern.)

In Church on Sunday, we were reflecting on how it matters to get things right inside and not just go through the motions hoping that it will make us feel better, papering over the cracks, chocolating over the marshmallows if you will.

For only when things are right inside, when the bake is good, will we really feel better. 
And God knows, he knows how we are inside and he is there ready to help.  


"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12 vs 9

Comments