Some of you aren't listening....

How often have I said that phrase?
"Some of you are still not listening ..." Its a phrase borne of frustration for we teachers try every day to teach our classes what they have to do to understand the subject and in its narrowest sense to be able to sit exams or complete coursework. 
Why won't they just listen? 
There are lots of answers to that, and so we try different ways, varying the materials, offering help to those ready to take it.


I heard myself this morning in the Psalm, as The Lord promises every good thing , if we would only listen to him, but this time it was me being told, me and all of humanity. Why don't we listen? It made me think about why it is so hard.

Over the past few weeks I have become conscious of this plea from God to offer us good things, to offer us completeness, joy and peace , he invites us to a banquet filled with good things but we make our excuses and don't show up.  In this Psalm he offers us finest wheat and honey that will satisfy - now when the creator of the earth promise these things why on earth don't we listen?

Why indeed?
But  he will continue to try to reach us, in new ways , with different experiences, offering us the answer, the honey that will satisfy and perhaps one day we will listen and understand.

“If my people would only listen to me,
    if Israel would only follow my ways,
14 how quickly I would subdue their enemies
    and turn my hand against their foes!
15 Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him,
    and their punishment would last forever.
16 But you would be fed with the finest of wheat;
    with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”Psalm 81


Comments