These days I should wash and go...

Clearly still in holiday brain this morning although I woke up thinking about lots of things I had to do  or possibly should have been doing in my time off. So preoccupied was I that I washed and conditioned my hair but then couldn't remember if I had washed out the conditioner. 

Taking the easy option I relied on the force of habit and assumed I had washed it out- if you should see me today you will know the answer to that one.

Hair conditioner may be a strange one to start a New year of blogging but I was thinking how odd it was that this product only really works when it leaves our hair, when it is washed out.

 I think its the same for us in our Christian life. While it is very comfortable and enriching to be in church, actually our purpose is always to go out from church and faith really becomes alive when we act on it in the everday.

While I need to absorb the conditioner in order to for my hair to strengthen ( or whatever it does), I also need to let it go out for it to complete its work.

Such were my shower musings this morning...

Happy new year everyone.

"He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

Comments