Where is the path?

Last night I got very excited as the combine harvesters arrived in the field at the end of my garden, and today when I took the dog out the landscape had completely changed. As we started to walk our very well trodden paths, I realised that there were no paths, the whole field was open and we could choose any path as our path.

Macy was very excited and I just stood looking at the huge landscape which had opened up.

We quite like paths I think, they are safe and secure and we know where they will take us without having to make any choices, and I wonder how often we create our own little paths surrounded on both sides by barriers of fear and worry (Can't do that because ...., mustn't go there because.....). How much do we limit ourselves by doing it?

If God is showing us the open field, lets not take the same old path.

"The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you."
Genesis 12 vs 1
.

Comments