Doing what we shouldn't

Macy, the dog seems to have a bit of a sore back. It has happened before and the other night when she leapt up to greet me she obviously hurt something badly and retreated whimpering into a corner. So we took her to the vet who advised rest and no jumping up on things for a few days. Ha Ha!

I would love to know how the vet would prevent this behaviour because, every time I turn my back she is on the sofa, or rushing off down the back garden. Yesterday in the sun I caught her rolling around on her back in the grass and I stood there thinking how frustrating it is that she so enjoys doing the very thing that is bad for her. Then I realised I was thinking this while eating a large slab of cake and drinking ( not my first) cup of coffee for the day.

I wonder if that's how God views us as he watches us do the very things that are bad for us.

 As we rush around instead of taking time to be still, as we skip praying because we have too much to get on with, as we try to do everything in our own power rather than let go a little bit and trust more is God watching us and sighing? And then, when we hurt and we struggle, does he gently lift us and hold us, as I do Macy until he puts us back together?


You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways. Psalm 139 vs 1-3


Comments