Macy - My hero

Yesterday afternoon  Macy  sat at the window and barked until I looked to see what was going on. Its not really unusual for her to bark, she gets very excited when the post arrives, a car draws up or we have a visitor but this went on for longer than normal. When I looked I saw that sitting outside the gate across the road was my next door neighbour's dog. She sat there with a ball in her mouth looking for all the world as if she was locked out, and it being unusual for this dog to be out on its own I went to investigate. True enough, the dog had found a way out through what my neighbour thought was a dog proofed fence and she was glad I had spotted it.

So Macy was a hero 

She had responded to a dog in need, in barking language she had told me 
"Come quickly this dog is in trouble and needs our help"

Now my family all laugh at this and say that she barks at everything and anything - but we will never really know will we? 

I hope I can be as aware of other people needs.


"The second (commandment) is this: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12 vs 31





Comments