More on Spas and ...chickens

Following on from yesterday, once I realised that the Spa was filled with 'normal' people and not Spa goddesses, I actually allowed myself to relax and enjoy the pleasure of resting in the beautiful surroundings .

It seems to me that Sunday's gospel reading gives a lovely image of God wanting to put his arms around us as a mother hen gathers her chicks under her wing. Sometimes we struggle on our own with all our worries and our busyness, pushing away the very rest we need by trusting that God will take care of us. We could make life so much easier for ourselves if we only let him.






"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.'

Comments