Mending Fences

While this title sounds like  a very noble introduction to a heart warming story, alas it is just about getting my fence mended.

Over the last few months we have held our breath as the wind has rocked the fence back and forth. It whistles and squeaks and three of the posts have broken off at ground level. The concrete foundations are buried deep underground but the posts have rotted and broken off and so, before it fell and took my apple tree with it, something had to be done. 

So today a local landscaper came out to fix it and over a cuppa by the fence  we realised we had a shared geography 
( both families from Scotland), a shared faith and some  shared friends.....

Not bad for mending fences.


Oh and apparently the cure for the fence is to be so well anchored in its foundation that the wind is powerless to shift it 


"I am the vine and you are the branches . Those who remain in me, and I in them will bear much fruit, for you can do nothing without me " John 15 vs 5




Comments