A little reminder

So Saturday afternoon saw me struggling back from Tesco's in Guilford with a duvet under one arm and a bunch of bright coloured flowers under the other. We were helping our daughter move into her accommodation at university, and, somewhere in the midst of a million lists and things to remember, we had actually forgotten a duvet - which is quite important.

However when buying said duvet my eye was caught by these lovely bright flowers, I couldn't resist them and as I put on the windowsill of their flat I hoped they would be a little reminder for a few days anyway, that someone was thinking of the girls in the flat. Such small reminders are important I think although I could see my husband's sceptical look as I balanced flowers and a vase ( which I also had to buy) beside the duvet.

Over the past few days of this gorgeous weather I think God is trying to send us reminders. As I walk the dog and see the hedgerow laden with blackberries, or catch a glimpse of that beautiful moon I think he might just be sending us a message that we are much loved - we just have to be mindful.

"When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place," Psalm 8 vs 3-4

Comments