Day Of Prayer

Today at church we had a day of prayer. Reflecting back its been an amazing day, where we joined Bishop Stephen on part of his pilgrimage walk from Thaxted to Rayne then enjoyed lunch in St Mary's Church.

The Church itself was set up with a variety of prayer stations , one to leave your excess baggage, an iGod station set up in a teenage bedroom ( socks included), a vine under the vine window.

As I think about the day I am thinking how good it was to be encouraged in prayer in this way and also how hard it seems sometimes to make ourselves stop and engage with prayer. Bishop Stephen spoke of prayer as a relationship, not a time of asking but of thanking and spending time with God to hear what he has to say rather than requesting the things we want.

In a busy day its hard sometimes to set aside the time, its hard to clear our minds of the clutter and noise and be still  and yet it is so good to do. I would like to be better at it, I would like to spend more time doing it, and not  be rushing around before work   trying to send up a few words as I throw on my lippy.


At least for today, I have stopped and refuelled and who knows what tomorrow might hold...



 "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5 vs 16

Comments