Apologies to the man behind me...

Just back from doing my large Easter shop today and seriously holding up the man behind me in the queue.

Firstly I noticed that the easter eggs I bought had a tear in the packaging and so I asked for it to be replaced. It's a difficult moment waiting until the staff come back with a replacement, smiling at the queue never really works and trying to get them onside is a difficult task - so I just kept my head down until the member of staff arrived to tell me this was in fact the last egg. I decided to keep it, tear or no tear. Then the bill came to just under the amount I needed to get the £10 off my shop so the assistant cheerily suggested I look around for something to make up the £5 difference.
I can't tell you how happy the man behind me was!

I browsed for a few moments then in desperation chose toilet roll because you can't really go wrong with that can you.

On the way out I noticed a packet of nuts had fallen down the side of my shopping trolley and I was torn as to whether to go back , interrupt the man behind me and ask them to ring them up or whether it was kinder all round just to leave the nuts and go. I chose the latter course of action.

So I apologise deeply to the man behind me and wish him a very stress free Easter and wonder if maybe like Christmas we haven't just ever so slightly lost our way....?





Comments