and unto Caesar that which is Caesar's

I haven't been here in a while, and because I have been rendering unto Caesar...

I was reminded of these words for some reason recently - of the occasion when the Pharisees try to trick Jesus with their question over taxes - and where their allegiance lay. But I was thinking it goes much wider than that. 

Often we get a bit torn about where to give time in our lives, to church, to family,  to work and for me this month has been all about work. Teaching at A level means that especially now, all the focus is on preparing pupils for exams, for coursework and meeting these deadlines.  In many ways it is a privilege to do it - but other things have had to take a back seat for a few weeks including this blog.

Sometimes work is busy for us , sometimes families need us more than church, sometimes we need to remember to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. And I believe God is happy with that.

"Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at him." Mark 12 vs 17


Comments