When Kitchen's Attack

Over the last week my kitchen has been becoming increasingly aggressive.

My oven burnt me when I was reaching in to fetch the dinner , but that often happens. The more worrying however has been my new grater.

Over Christmas I decided to invest in a really good grater and was delighted to receive a John Lewis voucher some of which  I duly used to buy the grater of my dreams. Be careful what you wish for. Thus far as well as cheese, I have grated the middle knuckle in my right hand and a sizeable chunk off my thumb. This grater takes no prisoners, and, surprisingly in a world which labels daffodil bulbs "Not for consumption", has no safety advice on it.

I am now slightly less infatuated with my grater and wishing I had kept to the old one which although a little blunt was friendlier and frankly less dangerous.

Sometimes the things we wish for are not what they seem, sometimes it pays to be content with what we have.

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4 vs 12-13

Comments