Lead me not into temptation

Its quite late at night and I'm just back from a meeting. I was going to sit down and have a cuppa when I noticed one of these Christmas chocolate boxes that has been lurking in the cupboard
 which, clearly tired of being ignored,  moved its way to the front of the shelf, waved its arms, jumped up and down and wouldn't stop until I ate some.

Now half an hour later I'm feeling a bit sick because late night chocolate is never such a good idea -  the work of seconds which is going to keep me awake for hours.... aagh.

Why is that we sometimes just can't help ourselves, that few seconds when we make the wrong decision - not just about chocolate but about all sorts of things , reversing the car without really looking, the piece of gossip that just slips out, the quick order on eBay when I'm trying to save for the holiday.

and what is it I pray every day?

Lead me not into temptation...




Comments