This weekend has been a tough one for the dog. She managed to get a splinter in her foot which caused an infection , all is now healing but not before daily trips to the vet to have it dressed and quite a bit of pain.

Of course her first instinct is to lick it better which has resulted in her wearing the cone of shame and while we are all very kind and she has been well pampered, it is still  funny to see her trying to cut through her usual small spaces with too big a cone.

Kind of reminds me of rich men and eyes of needles.

I was thinking of this image in all sorts of ways, whenever I try to squeeze ridiculous amounts of work into too small a time my cone gets stuck, whenever I try to spend money I haven't actually got my cone gets stuck, and whenever I think I can be faithful to God and still enjoy my guilty pleasures my cone gets stuck.

Clearly Macy is not the only one  - I wonder if God,  like us,  just smiles, shakes his head and turns us back around with loving arms.

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19 vs 24

Comments