Overbrushing

So when the dental hygienist asked me last week how often I brushed my teeth, I proudly replied twice a day and for 2 mins at a time and vigorously. Awaiting my reward,  she astonished me by saying I was brushing too hard and was a bit too vigilant in the teeth department and had actually done some damage.

I couldn't believe it.

It is a bit of a shock to discover some of these rigid rules you follow may need reviewing, such as walking the dog every morning whatever the weather - even when she doesn't want to . ( I think that face says it all)


As I start back work this week I am going to be asking myself whether what I am doing really needs doing or do I just do it because I always have . 

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are merely human rules.’ Mark 7 vs 7

Comments