Great is thy faithfulness

We sang this song yesterday in Church and the words took me back a few years to a time  spent in hospital in my early 20's. Every Sunday night around the ward in Glasgow came a small band of faithful singers, and what they might have lacked in musical ability they more than made up for in enthusiasm and commitment. Not everyone listened and I remember feeling sorry for them that it must have seemed they were being ignored in spite of their attempts to do a good thing, yet every Sunday they came and they always sang that hymn.

So as I sang it in church yesterday, I wanted to thank them because I listened and it meant a lot to me  and even now, 30 years after the words still resound :

"All I have needed thy hand has provided, Great is your faithfulness Lord unto me."

Comments