Where does power lie?

This morning I have been doing some housework, never my favourite thing, ( You can tell this because I have so far stopped to text my daughters, sketched a little bit and am now writing this- I think it's fair to say it's not been a concentrated effort.) However to keep me company I have been listening to the radio a couple to of programmes on very different subjects, but both looking at power and who holds power. 

I was intrigued by both, but a bit saddened that there is no recognition of the limits to our power. While I am often left in awe of the things people achieve in all areas of life, of how clever, creative and inspiring mankind is, I think we need to remember that we are only here in the first place thanks to a loving God who first created us. 

Yesterday was Ascension day when Christ was taken up to heaven. In church, last night we were reminded of the disciples left staring and being told to wait until they received the power of the Holy Spirit. In our own power we are limited, but it is God who gives us the gifts that enable us to do great and little things alike. 

We need to remember where power lies and give thanks.

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”Acts 1 vs 8


Even the simple buttercup is beautifully made but not in our power. 

Comments