A quiet message

At the beginning of this week, I was at a leadership conference in London on the subject of Church Leadership. There was a lot to process, important messages were given in different ways, some commanded the stage loudly, some used music, some in conversation.  But the one which will stay with me was an artist called Charlie Mackesy. He has produced a whole variety of beautiful work with stunning paintings of the prodigal son. What I was most taken with were his drawings of conversations between a boy, a mole, a fox and a horse. 

These simple conversations deliver gentle, honest and often profound messages in the quietest of ways which stopped me in my tracks to remind me how we are loved and what it means to be loved. 

"So he got up and went to his father.
“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. " Luke 15 vs 20


To see some lovely examples of his work, click the link below:

Charlie Mackesy

Comments