I recently went to buy a pair of trainers for walking and was a bit bemused by the choice available. Not sure if I was buying the right pair, I was taken aback when the assistant told me to wear them outside, walking the dog for a month and if they were not right for my feet I could bring them back and replace them.
That seemed more than generous.
It’s surprising how unexpected kindness or generosity changes the colour of our mood, we almost expect to have to fight our corner and are surprised when we don’t have to.
Last week I went to a day on community engagement and was really moved by the first moments when we had to stand up and state what we did. There must have been about 40 people there all involved in voluntary work in the community in so many different ways.
It was uplifting.
We hear so many negatives about people and community but there are many good things and acts of great kindness. It’s worth remembering sometimes and being encouraged.
"I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul." Psalm 31 vs 7

Comments