I expected rain and not extravagant provision

Yesterday I set out on the first wet dog walk for months and I was fully prepared for the weather, boots on, waterproof zipped  I was ready for whatever the weather threw at me. 

And while I was walking I was delighted to see how many blackberries were just ready for picking, while I had thought the heat this summer might spoil them, yesterday the hedgerow was filled with them in their glorious, deep, red as the rain dripped from them. And for that I was not prepared. 

It has made me think about how I am sometimes more prepared to face the things that worry me and less ready to see the glorious things God is doing all around, all the time. I expected rain and not extravagant provision.



"The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Psalm 19 vs 1

Comments