Wisdom is calling

Now well into my holidays I feel as if my brain is a little slower and I take time making the big decisions of the day such as - will I have coffee now or wait until 11am or have two coffees this morning?

It won't last of course but I quite like it at the moment - so it came as a bit of a shock to read this morning in Proverbs:
 "Listen! Wisdom is calling out in the streets and marketplaces, calling loudly at the city gates and wherever people come together"

In my current state wisdom might be calling but I will probably be too busy staring out if the window sipping coffee. 

Of course that is not what it means at all- wisdom is not an intellectual exercise but a listening to God, a listening to the heart and ironically it is when I am quiet and still and rested I can actually hear.

So the trick is to take this stillness into the rest of the year. When I go back to school, when I start my course, that won't be easy because I know I will fill my head with so many other things that all seem very important at the time.

The other reading this morning was from Psalm 73 and maybe provides a bit of help in reminding me what really matters and how little I need to worry about all the other things - work/ exercise/ domestics / getting older 

'What else do I have in heaven but you?
    Since I have you, what else could I want on earth?
26 My mind and my body may grow weak,
    but God is my strength;
    he is all I ever need."

So maybe I heard wisdom after all!

Comments