Will the onions be OK?

This year for the first time ever I planted vegetables in the garden and last weekend I harvested onions. Im sure to the experienced gardener this is nothing special but to me ... well the thrill was amazing. I laid them out on a rack to dry just as the book told me and and got them ready to store over winter. 

Well this week has been exhausting, every shower I feel the need to cover them , but not too much so they don't rot. I have lain in bed and ( this is true) asked my husband if he thinks the onions will be OK. His reply is not worth noting.

Finally coming to my senses I have realised that I put them in the ground as tiny beginnings and that without my help, in dry and wet weather they have grown and grown into the healthy specimens they now are - perhaps God does know what he is doing and doesn't need my constant interference?


 "He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed,which a man took and planted in his field.  Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”



Comments