Tackling the front garden

Weirdly my garden has two very distinct sides. The back garden is my great joy, I have planted new beds, tended them with love and they are giving more and more pleasure every day as the season goes on. 
But the front garden ...oh dear. I never tend the front garden and it is overgrown and messy and full of weeds . I'm not sure why I ignore it, but it has something to do with the ground being hard and unyielding, the wind blowing stronger over this more exposed area and, because I have let it go wild, the work harder.

I was thinking of Jonah, who ran away from the tough bits and that didn't go so well for him.  It is so human to avoid doing the difficult things isn't it even although we have promised God we will follow his will, because what we really meant was I will do whatever you ask me Lord ...

 ...but only if it is in the back garden!!! 

I think I know what I need to do.


"The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai:  “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”

 But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord."





Comments