The grass seed season

Now you might think this is the football season or the tennis season or exam season but no actually the most important thing right now is that it is grass seed season. I say this as the slightly fed up owner of a dog who seems to attract grass seed like bees to a honey pot. The fields where we walk are  filled with small grass arrows just waiting on my dog to set foot out there - so once again poor Macy faces a trip to the vet, a general anaesthetic and a pair of tweezers.

Now I know a bit more, for instance  that these tiny seeds can travel, that some come in through the paw and work there way right up a leg even into the hearts of some dogs.

So I have been thinking about what to do - avoiding long grass is high on the list and checking her fur after a walk will help.
But I am also wondering what little grass seeds take root in me? Envy, bitterness, laziness, impatience?

Its easy for things to take root and grow, so maybe we need to check ourselves from time to time, hold ourselves up for inspection and just make sure that there isn't anything damaging seeds taking root in us.

"You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways."
Psalm 139 vs 1-3





Comments