Storms and strength

I took the bold decision on Sunday afternoon to plant out my seedlings, my beloved seedlings which have been fed and watered and cosseted over the last few weeks as I nurture them into shape. And so with the sun on back and the warmth of the earth under my fingers I planted them out...


I lay in bed last night just listening... the wind howled , the rain battered, the house creaked and the trees moaned, and I fretted for those seedlings. What did they know of storms, or wind of rain, they had watched this previously from the warmth of the glass frame....?

So this morning I checked, I moved aside the fallen leaves and branches of the big strong trees, I replaced the sturdy pots which had shifted in the night and there they were, tiny, weak but upright, glistening with rain , healthy and most of all - still there.


"It is not by strength that one prevails" 1 Samuel 2 vs 9

Comments