Where are the lights? Getting to know you, getting to know all about you

Having purchased my car last weekend, I have now had a week of driving to work and back and all was going well until I took it out after dark last week and realised I wasn't quite sure how to turn on full beam, or more accurately how to keep it on and so for a while had to drive with one finger holding it on. 
I realise this is a little dangerous( possibly illegal) and at the same time recognised that I had never actually spent any time with the car, I had driven it back and forth but never really spent time getting to know it and all its little ways.

Its often the same with God, I worship , get fully involved in church life but I don't spend enough time getting to know God. Ive been thinking about this a lot this week because if I knew God better, I wouldn't see the need to do all the things I do, if I knew God better I would have taken time to know what it means to be loved by him, and if I knew God better I would perhaps be more willing to trust in his power and not my own. 
I have to be honest here and say that the idea of spending precious time getting to know my car better fills me with despair ( although I do recognise it would be useful to find full beam) but the idea of spending time getting to know God better, now that's a whole different story...

"Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” Mark 6 vs 31


Comments