"To take care of orphans and widows in their suffering.."

I realise I am a week behind everyone else but yesterday I sat down and looked at the Songs of Praise from the migrant camp in Calais that had been in discussion last week. I found it challenging. So often on the news we hear of the way our traffic is held up trying to cross the channel or  the political aspects of the problem but this, for me, was the first time these people were made human.

I cannot imagine the situations they have fled from, and I cannot imagine with what hope they travel and how it feels to have these hopes dashed as they sit in 'the jungle camp ' and wait. I don't want to be political because I don't think I have the whole picture and I realise there is no easy solution but these people desperately need our help and our prayers.

I am reminded of James 1 vs 27
"What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this : to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world."

We need to take care of those who suffer.

Comments