In a tangle

While walking the dog this morning I stopped for a while to enjoy the sun and just sit in the stillness. The dog however was not so contemplative , she  was jumping up and down trying to see  above the wheat what was happening and where we were going. It looked really funny as she stood on her hind legs and jumped up, eventually however all that jumping got her so tangled in the lead that she collapsed in a tired heap beside me .

She reminds me a lot of me, rather than sitting still and letting things be I am often to be found poking my head up to see whats happening trying to  figure out what I'm doing next, and yes I also often land in a tangled, tired heap.

A nice lesson perhaps in trusting the day and its path to God.

"Cease striving and know that I am God" Psalm 46 vs 10

Comments