Why the end of the branch?

This morning I spotted a rather large bird on a rather thin branch, a thin branch which reached as far as possible from the main trunk. 

The maths didn't add up , why was it not on safer ground, why did it not stay nearer the security of the mother tree? As I watched I realised it was watching too , for its next meal and it was able to see farthest by being right at the edge. After a few moments it stretched its wings and gracefully flew off, the branch and bird intact.

Strangely it reminded me of Peter walking on water. Only when he had left the security of the boat, once he was right out there not depending on his own strength could he begin to understand who Jesus was. 

Maybe we can learn from that just now, that it is our weakness, when we cannot depend on anything else ,  that God is able to work through us. 

"For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 
2 Corinthians 12 vs 10

Comments