A small part of something big

I have been trying to knit poppies for the "Dunmow Says Thank You" 100 years centenary. As many of you know I am not the best knitter on the planet and it takes time.  I have just about managed to complete one per episode of the Bodyguard, and after Sunday evening I am hoping to find an equally gripping series which will help pin me down to do more. However when I looked at my bundle for what seemed a lot of effort,  there was not much to show, until...

This morning I had a chance to chat with the ladies from Dunmow Knit and Natter and saw pictures of poppies which have been completed and how they are going to be used. I heard some wonderful stories, of elderly folk and children alike,  doing their bit to knit poppies, and suddenly my little four poppies don't seem small, no, now they seem a small part of something much bigger, something that really matters. 

When people work together what they can achieve is truly amazing, so well done to all the knitters out there and everyone in the community playing a part in this event, to everyone playing a part however large or small. 

 "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,  not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10 vs 24-25

Comments