Contingency plans or daily bread?

Well is has just started,the much talked about, heavily tracked, snow.

Since there was the first hint on the forecast followed quickly by weather warnings I have been putting together my contingency plans - would parent's night go ahead or not, would Friday be a snow day or not? How will I ensure I don't miss any deadlines if the snow causes disruption?

 But wait, surely that word disruption means just that, things will not go to plan. This is not a test to see how well I cope with obstacles and still get the job done in time, there may be an outside chance that I need to accept defeat and just go with that.

While I am very grateful for the technology that allows our meteorologists to predict and track the weather hour by hour, it does rather feed the beast. If we know everything in advance we can take control, we can change our plans and find alternative routes just like the Sat Nav if a traffic jam is coming up. So what I want to know is does anyone over the age of 17 just look out the window and say "Oh its snowing" and settle down until its gone before trying to resume normal life, or is everyone as frantic as me. Please tell me it's not just me.

Jesus suggested we pray "Give us this day our daily bread "

Not tell us beforehand the mill is experiencing problems beforehand so we can make alternative arrangements, buy sufficient flour in advance, make rolls do everything we can to ensure we don't let things slip, not even by a single crumb.

Dear Lord, give us this day our daily bread 

Comments