New growth

On my walk this morning , dull and wet though it was - it was lovely to see on the tips of the branches the new growth in that wonderful sap green colour. As you would expect not all of them were at the same stage but I was a bit surprised to see that even the same type of tree, namely oaks, were at different stages.

I have been doing this walk for years now and I have a tree - a special tree. It is in the middle of nowhere and I have used it for various things over the years, I have painted under it, prayed under it, cried under it and just sat under it.  Surprisingly it hasn't yet started to grow new shoots - (maybe I have damaged it with too much painting or too much emotion) but I assume it is because of where it is - perhaps it isn't in the most fertile soil or maybe it doesn't get enough light. 
It is the same with us I think.

The more we allow in the light, the more we place our foundations in good places the more we can grow. How do we allow in light ? Well maybe just by spending time with God, reflecting on his word, recognising how loved we are, then when we have been filled with all that goodness we can blossom and share that with everyone around us.


“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15 vs 5 

Comments