Courage and confidence

This week for me has been all about mock A levels. My classes sitting them and my daughter sitting them so I see things from both angles which is actually really useful. Generally speaking, because I have done this a few times now, the week starts with nerves but high hopes, as it goes on the rollercoaster begins. A bad exam pulls everyone down confidence goes, courage goes, then a good one brings back some hope. As we get to Thursday everyone is a bit tired and its harder to keep up the confidence and then there will be that wonderful moment tomorrow- which I still remember from my time, and which its almost worth going through the horror of exams for  - when they finish, the weight of worry goes and the future seems bright and joyful again. 
Until we go through it all again in a few months time.

Its not unlike my journey through Lent, or actually just day to day living.

So this morning's reading from Hebrews was inspiring 

"We are his house if we keep up our courage  and our confidence in what we hope for" 
Hebrews 3 vs 6

Good to be reminded. 
And courage and confidence to  all exam students.



Comments