Monday morning, wet, muddy, January need I say more?

Monday morning January, wet muddy fields, mucky dog. Yesterday we took our eldest back to university marking the absolute end of the festive season  as everyone now gets their head down to exams, mocks and marking.  I think I'm not being overly pessimistic to say the mood is a bit gloomy.

And maybe that's right, there are times when life is a bit gloomy otherwise we wouldn't recognise the highs. However before I slump too far, this morning's reading goes right back to the beginning of creation , to a time when darkness covered the earth and God commanded " let there be light."  he didn't just say its would be nice if we had a bit of light round here, no he commanded it. We are not meant to live in darkness, we may go through patches, but there is always light to come and I think creation is a wonderful place to find it.

So this morning I have ignored the fact that the house needs cleaned, that the dog needs washed , that
I really need to get to the supermarket and I have taken a few moments to just enjoy how beautiful it is outside despite the rain and the mud. A potful of pansies has been desperately trying to catch my attention but I have walked past them everyday. So here they are in all their glorious velvety purples and yellows.


"and everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the spirit of God was moving over the water. Then god commanded, "Let there be light"- and light appeared." Genesis 1 vs 2-3

Comments