Necklaces and kindness

Last night on returning from a meal out the owner of the villa was waiting on us - it had been the end of the festival here and his family had taken their gifts to temple . He however had been waiting to give the girls necklaces he had bought as a present for them . His kindness moved me deeply.  We don't share much language and our lives are completely different yet love and kindness are the same across the world. 
Jesus showed  love and care to all he met and it changed them. If we were all to do the same what changes it could accomplish . I speak to myself here as I don't want to think about the times I am grumpy or too busy to be kind , yet if we are to be a transforming presence in the worlds we live and work in we need to be different . 
I shall see these necklaces and be reminded of a lovely man in Sri Lanka whose whole being was so centred in his faith that love and kindness and joy flowed from him . 

Comments