Its OK to feel weak...

Somedays I can feel a bit weak.

I don't think I'm alone in that, I think there are days when we climb out of bed and the world just seems a bigger, scarier place and we seem less able to deal with it. so it seems to me there are different ways to deal with it. Either we take a deep breath , shake ourselves and get on with it
 ( because lets face it, if we don't who will?) or we admit it.

Today I felt a bit weak, and it was Sunday so I took my weakness to church and I sat and listened.
Out from hymns the answers came 

"I am weak but thou art mighty,
hold me with your powerful hand."

the Eucharist

"you reveal the power of your love
made perfect in our human weakness"

 the readings

'But he said to them 
Do not be afraid ; it is I"

Its Ok to feel broken, its Ok to be afraid,its Ok to be weak. We are not meant to be perfect. God knows and thats when we truly let him in.

 " But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12 vs 9-11


Comments