Too many layers

Last week on one of the very cold days I took a train journey to Guilford. Standing at the station was freezing so I had on plenty layers , my hat scarf and gloves. Which was fine until I hit the Victoria like in the rush hour then, me and everyone else were crammed into a tiny, very hot space with our hats, scarves and  gloves and there was no space to be able to take them off. So me, and everyone else  stood there getting hotter and hotter in all our layers until we reached our stop.

I was thinking about this on Friday night when I reached the weekend, because I think I sometimes hit the weekend like that. The pace of the week is so fast that I come to the weekend still with all my layers, a bit stressed, running on adrenaline, standing in the wrong things,  even although it is suddenly still . And it takes me a while to realise I can stop, slow down and make myself comfortable.

So here's to weekends and making the transition,  and a thought to everyone who is about to layer up again today for the week ahead.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11 vs 28-30



Comments