A new way of roasting potatoes

I found myself saying at the dinner table tonight
" I'm sorry girls but I had to throw away the roast potatoes because they had battery acid in them"

Granted this is not a normal problem when cooking, but it does have a backstory. The lights on my cooker hood have failed so to see us through as a temporary solution we attached a strip of battery powered lights. Unfortunately when I went to switch them on, the whole thing came off and landed in the pot where I was par boiling my potatoes. They only sat there for a second before I grabbed them but what I didn't see was that the batteries had come loose and they remained boiling in the pot for the next ten minutes.

This was enough to have the acid bubbling out of the sides hence the above statement. This never happens to Jamie Oliver, or at least not so we see it. 

Aside from the obvious, that my cooking can be a little strange at times , I was left thinking about the things which we leave boiling up inside us and the damage they can do. The times we sit on our fears or our anger just bubble away inside until they are in danger of causing a lot of damage. 

Paul was wise when he wrote to the Ephesians

“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,"
Ephesians 4 vs 26

Comments