The Lost Sheep

This morning as I was driving, I came across, of all things, a sheep on the road. A single sheep - a lost sheep. Now in Scotland where I used to live there was nothing unusual about that , often there were sheep or cattle on the road from the nearby farm but here in Essex I'm not sure I have even seen sheep in the field so  it was a real surprise.

There were a few people stopped and trying to help, so I drove on and that is as much as I know.
I hope the sheep was found, I hope it is back with its flock, and I hope the farmer is happy.

Perhaps there is also much rejoicing in heaven.....

“Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?  And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders  and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’  I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."

Luke 15 vs 4-7

Comments