Sidetracked

This last week before work begins,  I have had all sorts of plans, I was going to go back ahead in all my courses, the freezer full of prepared meals for the coming months, washing and ironing up to date and the each cupboard in the house cleared and tidied. It is now Wednesday and I have about one free afternoon left to make this happen.

I have been sidetracked. I get sidetracked a lot. Yet there is something quite lovely about being sidetracked when I think of it. I have read books I would have missed, visited places I might not have seen, spent time with  people who have made a difference in my life. Stacked against a full freezer I would choose to be sidetracked all over again.

In the Lord's prayer we ask
'Give us this day our daily bread"

Not give us everything we need for the foreseeable future, but just enough for today and let us trust you for the rest. Its worth remembering as I pick up my cup of tea.


Comments