The Wrong Ticket

Last month we were trying to get last minute tickets to Wimbledon without much success and given that it takes a bit of time to sort out we each began to lose interest until it was finally left in the hands of youngest daughter to do. She wasn't able to go but dutifully went online at the appointed time and successfully purchased two tickets for the following day. So, spirits high, eldest daughter and husband set off to enjoy their day. 


Having made their way across London over several hours they  arrived at the grounds to collect their ticket and  the groundsman asked them " so which one of you has the wheelchair?" - none of us had thought to check the tickets . 



On reflection we all carried a bit of the blame, we had landed the job on my youngest , I hadn't supervised, they hadn't checked their tickets and so the whole thing fell apart.  



Seemed like a good lesson in management for my classes, on how to delegate and monitor.
I have been thinking lately about prayer and more importantly how I can bring God into each part of my day. First thing in the morning I tend to throw up a hurried few words, especially the days I am working,  then forget all about it until I lie in bed at night and think on the many ways I got it wrong, ignored God and went off on my own agenda . It can't work like that  because if I truly want to put God first he has to be in everything, my work, my family, my down time and not be put down at the start of the day and picked up at the end. I don't have an easy answer ...... I just know I need to find a way.


The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  Phillipians 4 vs 5 -6


Oh and the story has a happy ending, they queued and exchanged their tickets and had a great day after all.


Comments